For resources to all Health and Human Services, call 2-1-1 or visit their website. The operator will direct you to someone who will answer your questions or assist you in getting the services you need.
The following are some resources for helping Maine families stay warm this winter:
Maine State Housing Authority – An excellent resource which includes information on where to receive help this winter, including:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides money to help homeowners and renters to pay for heating costs.
- Low Income Assistance Plans help you pay for electricity by providing a credit on your electric bills.
- Weatherization Grants to help improve home energy efficiency.
- Governor’s Weatherization Program provides a home energy audit and weatherization improvements.
- Appliance Replacement Program replaces home appliances that are inefficient and expensive to operate
- Home Energy Loan Program offers loans at a low fixed-interest rate for home improvements that increase energy efficiency.
Efficiency Maine is an endeavor to encourage more efficient use of electricity, help Mainers decrease energy costs, and improve our state’s environment.